Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cathedral of St-Lazare in Autun

Inspired by Cluny, construction on the Cathedral of St-Lazare began around 1120; the building was consecrated in 1130 and mostly finished by 1146, when the relics of Lazarus were translated from the old cathedral. The Tomb of Lazarus, the shrine of the relics, was constructed in the choir in 1170-1180.

No comments: