Sunday, November 21, 2010


50 miles north of Zagreb is Varaždin,a fortified town around since at least the 12th century, and, for a brief time in the mid-1700s, the capital of Croatia. Most of it was destroyed by fire in 1776, so the buildings are largely 19th century. Even the manhole covers are ornate:

A little local color...

No comments: