Sunday, November 21, 2010

On to Crete!

Heraklion Town Hall is in the reconstructed Loggia Armeria, the former Venetian Armory, later used as a treasury by the Ottomans. It was built between 1602 and 1604 by Giovanni Sagredo, the Duke of Crete.

The Church of St. Titos:

The Morosini Fountain, built in 1629 by Francesco Morosini, the General Providitor of Crete during the Venetian occupation of the island:

No comments: