background

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Russian Waterways - August 2007

My friend Kit and I decided we just had to take a Russian waterways tour linking St. Petersburg and Moscow. Our only serious error was to choose Grand Circle Tours to do it with. Since they're the parent company of our favorite tour company, Overseas Adventure Travel, we figured we couldn't go too far wrong, which just goes to show how wrong we could be! At least we had good weather and a wonderful Tour Manager for the occasion!

We started in Helsinki, Finland, a town with advanced design sensibilities and some wonderful Art Deco and Art Nouveau architecture, both of which we love. The first two photos are of the wonderful Art Deco Train Station, designed by Eliel Saarinen







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I have found that if I can not make it to these wonderful places at least I can enjoy them through your eyes. Wonderful blog Diana....thanks for sharing