background

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Kalk Bay

It's been nearly 40 years since I last drove on the "wrong" side of the road, but I managed to make it to Kalk Bay before messing up. The package tour with OAT was over and we had rented a car and booked some B&Bs for another week of seeing South Africa on our own. We're on our way to the famed Garden Route, a stretch along the south western coast of South Africa which I had traveled on my first visit here in 2000. I'd heard there were lots of good antique stores in Kalk Bay, though, so we headed there first. Look at these cute changing booths on the beach just outside of town!
The old train station in Kalk Bay:

Wonderfully decorated bookstore front in town:

I'm a fool for old buildings and this is one of the best:

Gorgeous coastline on our way from Kalk Bay east to Hermanus:

No comments: