A former Jesuit college ordered built in 1559 by King Enrique forms the nucleus of today's University of Évora, augmented by 17th- and 18th-century buildings. We got the nickel tour from a couple of students, which was nice of them since school was not in session. Meet Daniel (l) and Rui (r).
Courtyard, with Espiritu Santo church directly across:
The school sport azulejos tilework everywhere, different in each classroom, hallway or office:
Its Jesuit roots show in the ornate pulpit remaining on one side of a classroom:
Even without tile, though, it's a beautiful structure: